Aug 2, 2022
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with
Lena Winslow who is an integrative life coach. They talk about how
she uses a process called “shoulder time” with her son. They talk
about how this works and how you can use the same process to build
a connection and trust with your tween and teen
- Lena introduces herself and talks about her
background, she also shares with us about the work that she does
- Lena talks about “Shoulder time” and shares
with us how she uses it with her son.
- Tess and Lena discuss the three ways
to build trust and connection with
your teenage son during shoulder time.
- Lena talks about the importance of their being
movement when connecting with your son by doing an activity such as
crazy golf, fishing or a playing catch.
- Tess and Lena discuss the importance of
allowing our tween and teen sons to hear themselves think and
process and for it to come from them.
- Lena tells us about what “reflections” means
when connecting with our tweens and teens.
- Tess and Lena discuss using open ended
questions and how this can help with connection.
- Lena talks about “Encouragement” and how we can
use this to build connection.
- Tess and Lena talk about how we navigate
“silence” when connecting.
- Tess and Lena speak about the need to try and
“hold the advice” and the benefits of doing this with our
- Lena and Tess talk about teen boys craving our
trust in their abilities and how we navigate
- Lena speaks about the importance of creating a
safe space for a child to express themselves and how it sets up the
idea of the door always being open for whatever happens in life for
them to come to you.
- Lena is most grateful for the process and
ability to be inside a learning process, to go through struggles
but yet have the belief maintained that there is community and you
are not alone and you can persevere and end up serving others and
bringing value to something outside of you through
Sign up for the Tech Reset Masterclass here:
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal
and Families Journal
(Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for
parents and ways to win free parent coaching or
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 20
minute FREE “Parent Reset” session:
💫Want support from other parents in an authentic
community? Get on the
Parenting Reset Membership Waitlist here: The Parenting Reset Membership